At Templeman, our Municipal, Planning and Environmental lawyers have extensive expertise in municipal law, land use planning and environmental issues. We act on behalf of municipalities, landowners, developers, financial institutions and public interest groups. We are highly regarded for our depth of knowledge of the complexities of this politically sensitive area of law.
The lawyers in our Municipal, Planning and Environmental Law Practice Area are regularly involved in:
- Subdivision, Site Plan, Condominium and other Development
- Legal Opinions on Municipal Law and Planning Issues
- Appeals before the Ontario Municipal Board, regarding Official Plans, Zoning Bylaws, Subdivisions, etc.
- Environmental Law and Remediation
- Legal Opinions on Municipal Tendering Processes and Contracts
- Representation at Environmental Assessment Board and Environmental Appeal Board Hearings
- Legal Services Related to Expropriations
- Tax Sales, Bylaw Enforcement, Building Code Issues
- Freedom of Information Requests
- Nutrient Management Bylaw and Issues
- Conflict of Interest Issues
- Human Rights issues involving municipalities