Kristin Muszynski joined Templeman Menninga LLP as an associate lawyer in 2006 and became a Partner in January 2014. Working in the firm’s litigation department, Kristin practices in the area of civil litigation.
Kristin received both her Bachelor of Arts and her Bachelor of Laws from Queen’s University.
Kristin is a Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation, a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Ontario Bar Association, the Canadian Bar Association, the County of Frontenac Law Association, Canadian Defence Lawyers, and the Advocates’ Society. Kristin is actively involved with the Frontenac Law Association. She is the currently in her second year term as the President of the Association as well as the co-chair of the 1000 Islands Legal Conference Committee.
Kristin routinely appears on Motions in the Superior Court of Justice on complex insurance law matters. Kristin also regularly appears in the Superior Court of Justice as counsel for both jury and non-jury Trials and at the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
In 2015, Kristin was awarded the first Dan Soberman Outstanding Young Alumni Award from the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University. The Soberman Award is given to a young alumnus or alumna who has demonstrated promising future leadership through outstanding professional achievement, community service or commitment to Queen’s Law. Kristin is also a sessional instructor at the Queen’s Law where she teaches Motion Advocacy.
- P.M. Snelgrove General Contractors & Engineers Ltd. v. Jensen Building Limited, 2016 ONCA 728 (CanLII)
- Cherneskie v Kingston General Hospital, 2016 ONSC 3008 (CanLII)
- Cassidy v. Belleville (Police Service), 2015 ONCA 794 (CanLII)
- Cassidy v Belleville Police Service, 2015 ONSC 2506 (CanLII)
- Grixti v. Kingston (City), 2010 ONSC 5161 (CanLII)
- Holmes v. Kingston (City), 2009 CanLII 22556 (ON SC)
- McNeill v. Filthaut, 2011 ONSC 2165 (CanLII)
- Rushnell v. Corporation of the City of Belleville, 2007 CanLII 46247 (ON SC)
- Toronto Sun Wah Trading Inc. v. Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 2009 CanLII 18690 (ON SC)
- Toronto Sun Wah Trading Inc. v. Canada (Canadian Food Inspection Agency), 2014 ONCA 803
- Latimer v. Kingston Police and Smith, 2012 ONSC 3897 (CanLII)
- Galalae v. Kingston Police Services Board, 2014 ONSC 3568 (CanLII)