Angela Brown is a partner at Templeman LLP and a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
Angela practices primarily in the areas of corporate/commercial law, real estate, and estate planning. Angela regularly advises clients on:
- purchases and sales of businesses, via asset or share transactions
- incorporations, shareholder agreements, and stock option plans
- corporate reorganizations for tax and succession planning
- commercial debt and equity financings
- business and municipal contracts
- intellectual property, licenses, and trademarks
- not-for-profit and charitable incorporations, governance, acquisitions, and amalgamations
- real estate purchases, sales, severances, and construction projects
- commercial leases
- estate planning and trust agreements
Prior to joining the firm in 2008, Angela spent 7 years in the financial sector. Angela worked for Goldman Sachs in London, England, and for RBC Capital Markets and Scotiabank in Toronto. Her considerable finance experience included roles in investment banking, commercial banking, and private equity.
A native of the Kingston area, Angela attended Queen’s University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1996. She subsequently obtained her law degree in 1999 from Osgoode Hall Law School, and her MBA in 2001 from IESE Business School in Barcelona.
Angela is active in the community advocating for businesses and for not-for-profit organizations benefiting children. Angela is dedicated to serving her clients and finding optimal solutions to help them achieve their goals.
Angela is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association, the Frontenac Law Association, and the Hastings County Law Association.